[CQ-Contest] Thoughts on DQs in CQWW.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thoughts on DQs in CQWW.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 13:06:58 -0400
Hi Stan,

>>>This self spotting issue on SSB is much ado about nothing, in my opinion.

I've been thinking the same thing, but since I'm admittedly not experienced enough in power contesting, I was on the sidelines.

I can see the difference in claiming non-assisted operation when operating assisted, but what is the problem with spotting, either self or others? Is this really a big factor in the final results?

All I can think of are spots scrolling faster on the screen, if everybody starts doing it. The upside is that clusters will become a nuisance, and maybe we'll go back to good old spinning the dials.

>>>The other thing I think is ridiculous is the notion that cheating is >>>so rampant. There has only been one time in the last forty years >>>that it gave me concern that I was affected.

I agree...it may be a factor for the top competitors, but is it really a concern/show stopper for the vast majority? We have to be careful about how we keep referring to all this cheating going on. It may reach a point where the average contestant will feel like he's 'socializing' with the wrong crowd, and simply give up contesting.

>>>73... Stan, K5GO

73 de Vince, VA3VF