Re: [CQ-Contest] Some Observations

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Some Observations
From: Mike Ricketts <mike.nd9g@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:20:54 -0500
Thanks for this John.

I prefer contesting to any other type of operating, and it probably makes
up 95% of my on-air time. So I doubt I'll be running away from contesting.
I was out of the hobby for a couple of decades and have only returned this
last fall. Having just joined this reflector, hoping to learn some new
techniques with the newer technologies and such, only to see nothing but DQ
discussions. I understand that it is likely due to the timing of me
joining, but it really had me questioning myself on joining the list.

Of course maybe living on a suburban city lot in 9-land, has me not
conerned about needing to provide recordings due to a top 3 finish.

73,
Mike ND9G