[CQ-Contest] Out of band CQWW SSB

To: CQ CONTEST <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Out of band CQWW SSB
From: Scott Robbins via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:57:20 +0000 (UTC)
It's not only the United States.  Numerous Europeans and others made contacts
out of band on 40m during the contest as well.  There was the option to
disqualify everyone who made even a single out of band contact from the United
States or Europe.  This did not happen.
If you submitted a log that said you made a contact out of band and you
reported the frequency accurately in the log as such, we took the position that
you have made an error in violation of the rules *that has been reported
truthfully*.  Those contacts were removed from your score.  It is at our
discretion to decide this - it's codified in the rules in section XII. D.
If you changed the frequency in your log in an attempt to hide that you made an
out of band contact, now we have a problem that has to be delved into further.
That's the kind of behavior we are trying to stop.
Scott RobbinsW4PA