Re: [CQ-Contest] New Amps: Elecraft KPA1500 & FlexRadio/4O3A PGXL

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Amps: Elecraft KPA1500 & FlexRadio/4O3A PGXL
From: AB2E Darrell <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:56:58 +0000
Hi Ria and group,
Yes it can do that. With the new RCU it has that feature with a builtin port on
the rcu. It works on the old rcu with a cable (DB9 as I recall but only 3 wires
are used) and can track the xcvr using either n4py.com software or trx-manager.
Both interface with n1mm and are transparent. Trx-manager has a standalone
control window that can be left open alongside n1mm. When the Acom followed the
xcvr, the new band segment would show on the old rcu and the amp would pretune
itself (dit not required ).

By the way, I sold the Acom 2000a last year and regretted it since. Just
purchased another yesterday which will be in the shack shortly. Both have the
old rcu.

2nd amp is SPE 1.3K-FA but was acquired specifically for dxpeditions.

73 and Cheers,
Darrell AB2E

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone