Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Filter

To: nss@mwt.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Filter
From: <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 16:59:07 -0700
my standard way is to use a bc453 with a crystal attached to the antenna
terminal, in the pass band of the receiver. if you have an ft241 455 kc
crystal and a 455 kc if that is, or any numbers that work. see attachment
from ARRL 160 contest article results last year. (the 455 crystal is in
back before the bc 453 in this picture).

what kind of tubes does an ic 718 use? does it have an IF output?

is it big enough to hurt me if it fell on my foot? (most good radios
will...........SX71, SX28 etc)

mike w7dra