Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - new venue

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hamvention - new venue
From: Pierre Fogal <pierre.fogal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 13:41:27 -0400
It was my first time attending Hamvention and Contest University.  Both
were a great experience for me.  I parked in the furthest out lot on both
Friday and Saturday.  I didn't attempt to be there at opening, arriving at
the lot shortly before 0900.  Friday getting in took about 35-40 minutes.
Saturday was rather better, with no slow-down at all until we were stopped
by traffic marshals within the fairgrounds to let cross traffic through.

I cast a weather eye on the sky both days, and so made sure to get out to
the flea market before the rain fell, so no issues there.  One thing that
impressed me, was that on two occasions I heard hams flag down golf-cart
drivers and ask to be driven to their cars with their (presumably heavy)
purchases. On both occasions the volunteers did so cheerfully.

I hope to return next year!

73,
Pierre VE3KTB