Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day

To: <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 10:37:58 -0400
Personally, I got into contesting by going to Field Day and seeing some
fabulous operators run pile-ups on CW.  These were back in the paper logging
and duping days and you could really team with someone and learn.  I still
think that opportunity is there if the setting is right.

But I have sworn off Field Days for a long time (except enjoying the event
from the house or going as a 1B or 2B with my XYL - KB1PQN) because
virtually every Field Day group is a "cluster" with most of the interest
being the food, the generator, and spending countless hours figuring out how
to get an inverted vee high enough in the air.

Then on the radio - the "experts" emerge that have actually no idea what
they are talking about.  Life is too short for dealing with such clowns.

Just my experience - despite a great start back when I was a teenager.

73

Ed  N1UR