Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Change Violation

To: cq Contest <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band Change Violation
From: "Walter J. Legowski" <sue.walt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 19:27:00 +0000
The sponsors are apparently still using the same flawed log-checking software that they were using many years ago. The software is unable to attribute which transmitter is running and which is mult-hunting, so you have to tell it (via the Cabrillo file) which transmitter is which. In your case, with only one transmitter, this could be problematic.

We also received no response when we emailed the sponsors many years ago, and they apparently haven't fixed an error that was called to their attention way back then, by us and others. Their "band-aid" fix is to require that transmitter 1 and transmitter 2 be identified in the Cabrillo file, rather than fixing the algorithm in the software. We don't know how this could work with only one transmitter, and maybe in your case, it didn't.

73,
Walt WA1KKM and Sue N2LBR