Re: [CQ-Contest] Americas Cup Sailing - Watch and Learn

To: Tom Osborne <w7why1@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Americas Cup Sailing - Watch and Learn
From: Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 23:01:40 +0000
When I contest I prefer Multi Op categories - If I single op I tend to enter
Assisted - I understand that as an assisted entrant I have fellow operators all
over the planet helping my score - It is like being a super Multi- Single but
you need to work them all yourself.

Considering the technology in America's Cup it is hardly traditional - If you
want traditional CW then compare with sailing the 1960's Americas Cup yachts
before the advent of PC designed Yachts with materials such as Kevlar

The America's Cup modern analogy has crews from all countries - there are New
Zealand and Australian guys skippering boats from All over - the USA Yacht has
an Aussie Skipper

These yachts are amazingly fast - they have on board networks to maximise the
routes, instantaneous weather change monitors, monitors on pressure points on
the yachts = If you want to compare the America's Cup 2018 with amateur radio
you need to compare it with CN2AA because it is far more advanced than your
Grandfathers America's Cup

Saw this on Facebook today and it is a mother wondering about the "Certificate
Generation" - Or the we need another category in the contest generation.

This is perhaps where we are headed =

http://www.scarymommy.com/kids-awards-out-control/?utm_source=FBOnsite