Re: [CQ-Contest] Gotta love those IARU cut numbers

To: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Gotta love those IARU cut numbers
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:06:27 -0500
Art,

I was a little confused by that at first too.  I have run the IARU contest
for many years and thought that I hadn't heard AA as a IARU official
designation before, so finally guessed that it stood for zone 11.  It
didn't help any that the station giving out AA for 11 had a US 1 x 1 call
instead of KP4/ which is where they were located.

73 John AF5CC