[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

To: "RTTY@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:21:13 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

A good RTTY weekend coming up with the NAQP and the DMC RTTY tests for your
enjoyment.

Some of you may have seen/heard of a new live score service that is up and
running (contestonlinescore.com). VA2WA has offered to set up the NS RTTY on
the site for our use each week, so I need some feedback. Online score tracking
seems to be catching on, so what do you think?  Would we like to try this out?
It’s a good chance to get used to using such a service and integrate it into
your operating.  Let me know when you get a chance and I’ll follow up with
Victor.

Meanwhile don’t forget that there will be extra NAQP practice sessions Thursday
evening (0000 UTC) before the NS session, and also Friday evening. So plenty of
chances to check things out before the weekend.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:
Friday,  14 July 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 13 July 2017 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Not sure this will be productive)
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge  (start checking those higher
bands!)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links
to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know
so we can get them fixed.
If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a have a
place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing list:

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few
for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR