Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rule Change for Remote Ops - Always Multi-op?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rule Change for Remote Ops - Always Multi-op?
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 08:59:52 +0100
On 7/27/2017 8:44 PM, Charles Harpole wrote:
Remote stations should never be used in a contest.  The length of the
mic/key wire matters.  Be on-site or be gone.

On 07/28/2017 17:31, Jim Brown wrote:

And the logic behind this statement is ?????

73, Jim K9YC

OK - consider this.

HOW we choose to communicate with one another is what defines
us as ham-radio operators, and what defines our activities as
ham radio.

There are some activities where the "how" does not matter. In
photography, for example, usually all that matters is the end
result. This is not the case for ham radio.

Remote "ham-radio" operators -
 are not tainted by a whiff of RF.
 are sending and receiving internet-audio streams.
 are dependent on both the internet and ham-band RF,
 at all times, for their contacts.

Outside contesting and award chasing, why should anyone care?
I don't, but I do object to hybrid-communications contesters
competing directly with on-site ham-radio contesters.

73,
Paul EI5DI