Re: [CQ-Contest] 1978 Novice Roundup?

To: Jeff Kinzli N6GQ <jeff@n6gq.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1978 Novice Roundup?
From: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 08:05:36 -0400
Cool comments Jeff and Joe...

I find it enjoyable to look back on the 'spark' that led to an interest in
contesting. I agree with Joe... Let's bring back the 1 week NR
format......  .

In the NR (age 15) , I made 292 Qs with 84 mults in 20 hours (after
homework and band practice) for score of 25.7k. Mults were ARRL sections
and DXCC countries and average mults was in the 60s. There was no way for
me to work more than several hours per day and more on the weekend. The
contest period was perfect for my school schedule at the time  I believe my
"solid 1 minute copy on paper" code speed at that time was around 25 wpm
and running a Vibroplex bug and straight key. .

I can't remember my claimed score... I don't think that I posted it on
3830scores.com. I was running an amazing FT-101EX to 80/40 wires. By the
way, cw on this rig sounded amazing.

Enjoying the comments. Dave

Dave Edmonds
PK Ministry Webs