[CQ-Contest] NACC, NA Collegiate Championship

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NACC, NA Collegiate Championship
From: Craig Thompson <craig@thompsonet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:32:41 -0500
The Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC) announces the North American
Collegiate Championship (NACC)

The goal of this initiative is to attract new contesters from the college
ranks. The NACC is a contest within a contest and is held in conjunction
with the North American QSO Party (NAQP) Phone contest on January 20,
2018.  We invite other contest clubs to join us and help make the NACC a
success.

Why would a college age ham be interested in this event?

   -

   Scoring is live and online – contestants see real time scores of all
   competitors from the start of the contest to the end

   -

   Schools compete against all other college teams

   -

   Playing field is level, 100 watt power level, only simple antennas needed

   -

   Contest is short – only 12 hours on a Saturday

   -

   Individual contestants enjoy the social aspect of team contesting

   -

   High level of activity in the NAQP - college club competitors will
   compete in a large, busy, and fun contest

We challenge all contest clubs in North America to help get college
stations on the air for this event. We have a mutually beneficial interest
in getting the next generation of contesters active and on the air. If you
are an alum of a college or university, please contact their club, get them
active for this event, and/or mentor them.

Please visit SMC’s website, www.w9smc.com/nacc for information,
registration procedures, and NAQP rules.  We are also looking for award
sponsors for this event. All awards are open...national, state, and
conference awards are all possible.

Feel free to contact the SMC’s point of contact craig@k9ct.us with any
questions.