Re: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB disqualified in the 2017 CQ World-Wide WPX SSB Co

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB disqualified in the 2017 CQ World-Wide WPX SSB Contest
From: "Masa Miura, AJ3M" <masa.miura.aj3m@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 22:09:53 -0400
John,

Thank you very much. Copies of the two letters that I mentioned in my
October 24 email to Terry, N4TZ, were attached to that email to him. Please
see the following from the October 24 email:

As stated in the attached, 4U1WB has been properly licensed by the United

Nations and our Club is allowed to use the call sign from our station in

Washington, DC. The call sign was granted in August 1989 under the

authority granted the United Nations by the International

Telecommunications Union and in coordination with the United States

Administration. In July 1989, the State Department’s Bureau of

International Communications and Information Policy stated in a letter to

the UN’s Chief of Telecommunication Service that authorities at the Federal

Communication Commission, the National Telecommunications and Information

Administration, and the Department of State were consulted about the

issuance of the 4U1WB call sign. According to the same letter, the US

Administration had no objection to the issuance of this call sign by the

United Nations.

73,

Masa
AJ3M