[CQ-Contest] 4U1 or 4U2, Methinketh rational arguments are for naught

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 4U1 or 4U2, Methinketh rational arguments are for naught
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 19:53:36 -0400
Seems to me that CQ WPX wants to "do it their way. " Tis certainly among the prerogatives of how the contest is organizes. Alas, neither tradition nor past precedent holds water with the current "GRAND POOBAH of rules interpretation and enforcement." So, it appears to me that all the bits and bytes go into the bit bucket.

Maybe we should find out who writes the rules for the CQ WPX and other CQ contests, and prevail on the person or these people, rather than beating our keyboreds to peaces along the current track.

I assume that there IS a person or group who wrote the rules, and a similar person or group who could, if presented with logical reasoning, change the rules.

My "delete key" is getting toward the end of its useful life deleting the vast (considerably more that 50% vast) number of (often redundant) messages  about the 4U1 calls.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time