[CQ-Contest] what zone to log for CQWW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] what zone to log for CQWW
From: DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL <kr2q@optimum.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:06:07 -0500 (EST)
Dear contesters,

The CQWWCC is well aware that some guys send what actually is, or sounds like, differing zone exchanges during the contest.

This is normally something that we track and is not unique to this year.

What we would like to make clear is that the contest is over and you cannot (must not) alter whatever is in your log at this time.

Please reference our Rules, noting Main section IX and especially item nine (9):

IX. GENERAL RULES FOR ALL ENTRANTS:
9.  Correction of logged call signs and exchanges after the contest, by use of any database, recordings, email or other methods, is not allowed.

When there is instability in the zone sent, we make adjustments to accommodate for that. Recall that we have globally located SDRs and, if in doubt or to verify instability in what was sent, we just "take a listen."

In closing, please do not alter what you already have logged.
Thanks,
de Doug KR2Q
on behalf of the CQWW Contest Committee