Re: [CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 06:59:27 -0800
The good news, if you see it that way, is your claimed score is only relevant
to you, and perhaps 3830, if you choose to post. (I’d suggest, if you’re in a
hotly contested region, either don’t post to 3830 or only post after the log
deadline.)

The log checking process ignores everything but the category, sent exchange and
the log.  It doesn’t look at your summary.

It calculates your score based on your log.

The only real penalty is if you think you’ve already got Zone 40 and stop
trying, not knowing your Zone 40 guy was in Zone 39 the Q before you and Zone
41 the Q after (meaning he thought it was a serial number).

Hopefully the next guy clued him in there is no Zone 41.

That being said, if the contest sponsor says to log what is correct, and not
what was sent, then that’s the end of it. Sponsor’s decisions are final, right?

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone