Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Hardware Question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Hardware Question
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:35:16 -0400
Hi John,

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but at first thought,
however you will achieve it will most likely be extremely complicated (if
not impossible)

and costly.

As soon as you transmit on radio #1, you'll fry the front end of radio
#1...maybe even if they were on different antennas !

What you probably want is a single radio with 2 RX cards. (like a K3 for
example)

I don't know that you can (easily) achieve this with 1 antenna and 2 radios
on the same band.  All the filtering in the world won't help if you are
transmitting 1kc away from your rx freq. and your radios are tied to the
same antenna (that's not normally what SO2R is all about.usually that means
2 signals, flip flopping on different bands with different antennas (or a
triplexer))

All that being said, maybe there is a way...and perhaps it's staring me
right in the face, but I've never done it.

Not much help - sorry L

GL !

73 de Mike VE9AA..SO2R

I have 2 radios that I would like to be able to use in dual receive mode,

meaning I can listen to both at the same time.  They would be using 1

antenna, and only one radio would be used for transmitting.  I would like

to be able to use both on the same band for split frequency DX pileups.

What sort of SO2R interface do I need to accomplish this?

73 John AF5CC

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB