Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] NCCC Statement - ARRL's Action Involving N6

To: "'Jeff Clarke'" <ku8e@ku8e.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] NCCC Statement - ARRL's Action Involving N6AA and Code of Conduct
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 18:18:16 -0900
Hey all:

We should probably take this off list, but ..I've gone over this and a
number of other items, and it all screams "Hostile Takeover" of a non profit
that is *supposed* to serve it's members.  Hopefully the proposed changes
don't happen, but .. I would like to look into legal options, if they do.
It would be useful to get an attorney's view of .. who could qualify as
"interested parties", what violations of statute might be involved etc.  I
think it would behoove the Directors going into that meeting, that this be
on the table.  Beyond my own personal views, sympathies etc ..the ARRL is
the group that the FCC clearly intends to devolve regulatory responsibility
to, *and* which is seen as "The Official Amateur Radio representative" in
state capitals and DC.  There are any number of conflicts between "Best
interests of the Amateur Community" and "Subscription numbers for QST" and
we know which way this group is going.

73
Steve KL7SB