Re: [CQ-Contest] "kilowatt united" SCP

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "kilowatt united" SCP
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 11:28:41 -0500
I have some replies from people who did not realize that it was tongue in
cheek.  Just to alert any others who might have taken it seriously...

I was just joking that if you hear "kilowatt united" in a pileup you should
try "K3KU" first.  That would give me a teeny advantage in case any of the
"fake" KUs were calling at the same time.

Of course all those other KU calls are real, and I've worked them all in
contests.  Also EA3KU a few years ago.  (And I forgot KU1CW.)

For a while I was thinking of trying to get paper QSLs from them so I could
get the Worked All KU Award.  The sponsor questioned whether KU8E should
count.

Geez, guys.  That was a joke, too.

73, Art K3KU