Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: Jim Stahl <jimk8mr@aol.com>, Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: George K5KG <giwagner@k5kg.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:31:37 +0000 (UTC)

                An 18 minute gap?  The will be burned at the stake!

                George WagnerSarasota, FL

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:23 AM -0500, "Jim Stahl via CQ-Contest"
<cq-contest@contesting.com> wrote:

Am I correct to assume that the CQWW Committee will not be listening to every
moment of every recording made by every top five entrant? But rather they will
focus on ones where there is already some reason to suspect some significant
rules violation?

So why is it necessary for each top entrant to be able to prove they are
innocent, rather than allowing, but not requiring, anybody to submit a
recording in their defense as proof that any suspicions were unfounded? Is the
Committee planning to make these recordings public, just as logs are now made
public?

And what will happen if an eighteen minute gap is discovered, when at a
critical time the operator leaned over to adjust the amplifier and just
happened to hit the wrong key on the recorder?

73  -  Jim  K8MR