Re: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting Rules and Enforcement

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting Rules and Enforcement
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:53:38 -0500
It is of course possible for someone to be spotted in a way that is
unintended.  Some have argued that this has already occurred.  One spot in a
weekend by a buddy is not going to raise suspicion in my opinion.  Spots
throughout the weekend when the rate drops and when starting up on a new
band - is.

I have started to make a habit of checking my spots after a contest to see
if I felt anyone was unintentionally "helping out" that I send them a
communication to stop it.  The way I determine if they are "helping out" is
by doing a search on their callsign as a spotter for the contest.  If its
clear that I am being favored, then I reach out.

Being spotted is needed and appreciated.  But I am not asking anyone to do
so for me more than other people they see fit to spot.

Ed  N1UR