[CQ-Contest] Here's an idea...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Here's an idea...
From: DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL <kr2q@optimum.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 20:40:26 -0400 (EDT)
I remember one year I got wild.  I used the name Throckmorton.  It almost always got a repeat request.
Some guys never did get it.

I remember calling W3XU, an old schoolmate from U Penn when he was at Wharton and I was at Penn Vet school, at W3ABT and later N3KZ.  I called him very qrq and gave him the name.  He was the only one who didn't skip a beat.  He came right back and said Thanks Throcky.  LOL

After the contest, some guys told me that it was too long to fit into their logging s/w.

Other guys, every now and then, will remind me of the time I was Throckmorton.  Sort of like when we used to have the DASH on 75m.  Lots of OT guys remember
one my exchanges: 599 soup [signal report and what you had for dinner].
And I remember K1KI's cat's name.  heh heh heh

One year I used the name Zdo, which is the first 3 letters of my work email address.
That got lots of repeat requests too.  Hey...contesting is fun, right!

de Doug KR2Q