[CQ-Contest] 7QP - call for mobiles

To: cq contest <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 7QP - call for mobiles
From: Dick Frey <k4xu@bendcable.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:24:08 -0700
30 day advanced reminder: the 13th annual 7th Area QSO Party is May 5/6.

The 7QP continues to grow. Part of this is due to the cooperation among the 7QP, Indiana, New England, and Delaware QSO Parties that share this first weekend in May. The other reason is the support from N1MM+ logger that allows you to participate in all four parties at the same time within the same log. That log can then be sent to all four sponsors without the need to delete non-counting QSOs. This is a mutually beneficial arrangement and we cannot say enough about the cooperation we receive from the other parties.

There are 259 possible county multipliers in the 7QP, though we have never had more than 215 in any one year. Many are so sparse there are no active amateurs therein. We must rely on mobile stations to make these available. This is your opportunity to have a mobile outing and enjoy the fun. The eastern edge of our realm, from the Canadian to the Mexican border, offers lots of open space for mobile activity by visitors from neighboring states. If you would like to join the fun, now is the time to start planning. And let us know. Send an email to 7qpops@codxc.org.

Dick Frey, K4XU