Re: [CQ-Contest] 4O3A Tower Height

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4O3A Tower Height
From: "Maciej Wieczorek" <sp2xf@wp.pl>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:12:20 +0200
Bill,

I heard you many times this winter on 40m and the signal was amazing, very often much over s9, so I can assure you the 40m beam is working preety well, despite it's 90 foot tower, not 120 ;-)

But I have also one question about stacking tribanders - did anyone here tried a *wide spaced* tribander stack and could share some experience?

I'm preparing a new tower here and because of the the type of the tower (and few other factors) I am considering 2 antennas wide spaced, not 3 antennas spaced eg. 10m/30ft like most people do.
This is also because my 13/22m actual stack doesn't work at all on 20m.
I'am on a flat terrain here.
In this case, "wide spaced" means 2 tribanders with long booms @16/31 meters ( abt 45/90 ft) in vertical stacking. So, the spacing seems too wide for 28MHz (abt 1,5 wavelenght), and in fact modeling shows some high angle lobes, but how about real life?

73's
Mac SP2XF / SN2M
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill via CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>