Re: [CQ-Contest] Updated CQWW 2017 CW Results Posted

To: ktfrog007@aol.com, cqk1ar@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Updated CQWW 2017 CW Results Posted
From: Ed W0YK <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 18:56:35 -0400
This current scoring change eliminates a scoring change made during CQ WW CW
log checking.  IOW, there is no scoring change to discuss now.
73,Ed W0YK
-------- Original message --------From: ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest
<cq-contest@contesting.com> Date: 5/16/18  8:11 AM  (GMT-08:00) To:
cqk1ar@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Updated
CQWW 2017 CW Results Posted

GM John,

What was the methodology change for handling duplicate QSOs?  Dupes always seem
to be a problem as many think dupes will result in a score reduction or
penalty.  I was told this was a leftover meme from pre-computer logging days
and not to worry now.  But it appears there is some issue involving dupes and
maybe people should be concerned.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Good morning!

As you may be aware, it was previously announced by CQ that all results for
the 2017 CQ World Wide DX Contest would be re-scored based on the return to
the usual and accepted methodology for handling duplicate QSOs <
http://cqnewsroom.blogspot.com/2018/05/2017-cqww-cw-contest-scoring-change.html
>.

I'm pleased to report that the scores have now been updated and posted
on-line on CQ World Wide DX Contest Web site <
http://www.cqww.com/scorescw.htm?yr=2017&mode=CW>.

The good news is that there was minimal impact to the final scores with no
significant changes to the final standings and only 40% of the total pool
of logs affected at all.

Thank you for your patience as we worked through this issue.

73, John, K1AR