Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:25:54 -0700
On 6/11/2018 6:59 PM, Radio KØHB wrote:
It is mind boggling that there will be NO participants in WRTC 2018 from Africa.

If we are going to bill this as “the Olympics” of radiosport, then it seems to me that the
rules must state that a “team” must consist of two individuals who reside in the designated
geographic and and perform at least 75% of their qualifying events inside that area.  A TL from Missouri
should not be able to select a team-mate from Uzbekistan.

I strongly agree.

73, Jim K9YC