Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:47:39 +0100
On 14/06/2018 02:21, Barry W2UP wrote:
We need an internet-only WRTC. That's the only way to equalize everything. It will be sponsored by EI5DI.

That may be tongue-in-cheek but, nevertheless, it misrepresents my position on the internet - which is "radio amateurs do it (communicate with one another) with RF. Everyone else needs the internet."

When W2UP or anyone else needs or uses the internet to communicate with other radio amateurs, what's happening is something other than amateur radio. Remote operators cannot have any contacts without, typically, using the internet to both communicate and control. And that's perfectly OK - good for them, they're having fun and learning something new, but that "something new" represents amateur hybrid communications.