[CQ-Contest] Thanks to RAEM contest committee and R4IT

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thanks to RAEM contest committee and R4IT
From: ON5ZO ON5ZO <ON5ZO@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 21:05:53 +0000
It seems to become a tradition:
1) I enter the RAEM contest (last one 2017)
2) I win a plaque (z14 top score)
3) I thank the contest organizers and the people who sponsor plaques. R4IT in
my case.

Once again a sincere THANK YOU to the RAEM people. Guys like me don't win much
tangible (i.e. non-paper) trophies in DX contests.

And RAEM indeed is a real DX CW contest: distance based scoring is king!
Working ZL on 40 is not just an easy three-pointer and a double mult. It's the
jackpot from here in RAEM terms!

Not many true blue contest folks outside Russia play in this one, but there is
a bunch of loyal participants from all over the globe and we all sure know why:
it's FUN!

A little history about the origin RAEM here:
http://hamgallery.com/Tribute/RAEM/krenkel.pdf

About the contest:
http://raem.srr.ru/

I'd say: check it out and mark the calendar. Except for those in z14. Stay away
from my turf!

73 de Franki ON5ZO = OQ5M
http://www.on5zo.be<http://www.on5zo.be/>