Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 13:03:49 -0400
It's possible to qualify by doing low power. Your score would be compared to others that are doing low power and not the high power scores. If you do that you won't have to compete again the "big gun" stations in your region. Plus you aren't getting any reduction in score ( getting the same number of points same as HP SO guys) like someone who did Multi-Ops. I really doubt someone who has a big station would want to bother with doing low power.

If I'm not mistaken Julio, AD4Z, who is one of the team leaders in our region (NA-002) did this and qualified.

Jeff KU8E