[CQ-Contest] URGENT FOR RBN SKIMMER OPS - Making sure your RBN node spot

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>, "RBN-OPS@groups.io" <RBN-OPS@groups.io>, "sysops@dxcluster.info" <sysops@dxcluster.info>, skimmertalk <skimmertalk@contesting.com>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] URGENT FOR RBN SKIMMER OPS - Making sure your RBN node spots WRTC Y8#@ callsigns
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:12:57 -0400
The WRTC organizers have just announced that the WRTC competitors will all use callsigns in the format Y8#@, where "#" is a single digit and "@" is a single letter.  The calls actually to be issued were then culled to ensure more-or-less equal difficulty for CW and phone - for example, there are no Y85 calls included, and E, I,and S suffixes were not included.

Assuming that you want your RBN Skimmer node to copy the WRTC competitors fairly, you'll need to change your patt3ch.lst file. We've automated this to make it trivial to do.

1. Go to the "patt3ch.lst" tabof the Aggregator. You should have already entered the current location of this file in the box on this page.  For those who haven't, browse to it at, nominally, "C:\Users\[your username}\appdata\roving\Afreet\reference" and make sure the box is properly filled.

2. Once the Aggregator knows where to find the pattern file, you'll see on both the "patt3ch.lst" tab and the "Status" tab of the Aggregator a red message that your patt3ch.lst file needs to be updated. Go back to the "patt3ch.lst" tab and click the Download button.  Within a few seconds, you'll see a green message indicating that your pattern file is now up to date.

3.  One final, essential step - stop Skimmer or Skimmer Server and restart it, to load the new pattern file.

Any questions? Write to me ASAP and I'll try to help.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network