[CQ-Contest] Use of remote receivers at "HQ" station in IARU contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Use of remote receivers at "HQ" station in IARU contest
From: sbloom@acsalaska.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 06:59:15 -0400

I was wondering about the following situation ..

I was scheduled to operate at one of the HQ stations for this contest.&nbsp; In
this case, this particular station was doing 15 and 40M CW, with stations in
other parts of the country, doing 10, 80, and 160.&nbsp; I didn't actually
operate, for reasons&nbsp;that don't matter at the moment.&nbsp; What was
strange, to me, is that when they were giving the ops instructions, and
explaining the rx antenna switching, they explained that positions 1-4 (I
think) were Beverages, and that in addition they had remote receivers, and were
encouraged to use them if necessary.

I checked out the IARU contest rules, and don't see anything stated
specifically, but I know in general, contest rules require all antennas both rx
and tx to be in fairly close proximity to the actual transmitting
location.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Any ideas?

73
Steve KL7SB