[CQ-Contest] RBN Map Issues

To: "RBN-OPS@groups.io" <RBN-OPS@groups.io>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, skimmertalk <skimmertalk@contesting.com>, "DX-IS@yahoogroups.com" <DX-IS@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RBN Map Issues
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 17:43:00 -0400
Google Maps has managed to break the mapping function of the RBN website with code changes related to their new pricing algorithm.  Worse yet, it also broke the callsign display and search functions.

Felipe PY1NB is working on a fix as he can find spare time, but ad interim we have changed the default so that when you log onto the site, it will come up with the map disabled.  That re-energizes the search and listing functions, and since spots and paths were not showing on the map anyway, no functionality has been lost.  Rest assured that we don't like this any more than you do, and we'll get the map back up and running just as soon as we can.

Happily, the Telnet spot streams are unaffected by all this.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.