Re: [CQ-Contest] Quo Vadis Ham Radio? (was WJST-X)

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Quo Vadis Ham Radio? (was WJST-X)
From: Yuri Blanarovich <k3bu@optimum.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:35:07 -0400 (EDT)
OK, I get it, some of you agree that it is OK to get on the horse, (whatever) and compete with the runners, in the running event like 10 km in Olympics. I rest my case, go and enjoy beating and cheating to dumb slobs using sneakers. Seems that that there is some effect of RF affecting some brains and reasoning. Nobody is arguing against technology affecting ham radio. The subject is ham radio contests and classifications or categories and effort of trying to keep up with times and make sense in competitions.

I rest my case. Someone said you can't argue with.....

How would you like if I rented or bought VE1ZZ (SK) station in NS, operated it remotely with my call K3BU (or I could use my VE1BY) seeming to be in US and creaming whole of US/NA, nobody ever would beat me. (Oh, and add remote RXs on each continent.) Progress in what? Destruction of contesting?

73 and enjoy whatever!
Yuri, K3BU, VE1BY, VE3BMV

 On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 09:22 AM, Maarten van R wrote:

 > It realy must suck to be Yuri.

People used to die from diseases that are now easily cured, cancer
treatment is getting better and better, people with disabilities have far better lives and in recent wars less people died. All because of technology
but yet you only focus on the negatives.

Until recently people who, for whatever reason, were not able to build a stations for themselves now have the opportunity to get on air using remote stations and modes like FT8 provide people with very modes stations a means
to work DX and have fun in the hobby, even when conditions are down.
But again, you only seem to focus on the negatives.

I feel for you man.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op do 25 okt. 2018 om 14:10 schreef cosson-dimitri
Hi Yuri,

Our ancestors made the same remarks when the train or the automobile
appeared.

If we do not evolve with progress, technology, we die ! It's valid for a
company but also for a hobby
73 de Dimitri F4DSK

Envoyé depuis mon appareil mobile Samsung.