Re: [CQ-Contest] CM-500 headset

To: artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CM-500 headset
From: Mike Ricketts <mike.nd9g@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 08:15:19 -0600
I use the CM500, and have for a couple of years.

My shack is next to the laundry room, and I do hear that sometimes. My wife
tries to avoid doing laundry during some contests, but sometimes that is
unavoidable, as there are lots of contests. No it isn't the greatest at
blocking out external sound, but I'm not complaining for $60. I don't
usually have problems with external noise, yes I hear it, but it isn't
usually bothersome. My biggest problems have come during Field Day when
people are standing around talking around you, not from things that tend to
have a constant hum or the like. However if you're that close to your
furnace and it is that loud, they still may not be a good option for you.

I've also used Radiosport RS60s. Yes they work much better at blocking
external sound, but I can still hear people talking (just not nearly as
much), so they aren't perfect. I do like them, as they are reasonably
comfortable, but the weight gets to you after a while, or at least it does
get to me due to some neck issues.

73,
Mike ND9G