Re: [CQ-Contest] New SO2R trick?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New SO2R trick?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 11:45:23 -0800
On 12/6/2018 5:53 AM, Steve Lott wrote:
But 160m is a pretty narrow band

Actually it's not -- it's 10% of its center frequency. Of our bands, only 80M is wider, at 13%. N6RK has done SO2R on 160M, running on the low end of the band, and using an RX loop on his S&P radio that nulls the antenna for his Run radio. He's also got a station with a lot of real estate, and he uses radios with clean TX and RX with great front ends.

About eight years ago, by accident, I found myself with both of my K3s on 20M only about 60 kHz apart, both driving Ten Tec 425 amps to 1.5kW to 3-el Yagis about 200 ft apart and turned so that their driven elements were approximately inline with each other. In this situation, one radio did not know the other was there! Rotate one of the antennas and that changes (a lot!).

73, Jim K9YC