[CQ-Contest] FW: FT8 Roundup Preliminary Results

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FW: FT8 Roundup Preliminary Results
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:03:03 -0800
The first ever FT8 contest appears to have been a popular success.  It was
also a first contest of any sort for many of the participants.  Thanks to
everyone who participated and especially those who submitted logs.

Every log, regardless of size, increases the integrity of the log checking
process which in turn creates the best feedback to each participant via
their LCR (Log Check Report).

The "Raw Scores" are now posted at:

https://www.rttycontesting.com/ft8-roundup/2018-results/2018-raw-scores/

These are essentially claimed scores that are calculated by our log checking
software so that they are consistent among all submittals.  In other words,
any "Claimed Score" you included in your Cabrillo log file is ignored.

The Final Results with log checking errors removed will be published soon.
Don just needs to find time to get them on the FT8 Roundup website.

You can request your LCR (Log Check Report) by sending an email request to
me.  I encourage everyone to read their report and evaluate how they did in
the contest.  There are some comments at the beginning of each LCR on the
contest and how the LCRs compare to traditional modes of CW, SSB and RTTY.
Plus, there are the overall statistics that one can compare their LCR to.

Logs are still coming in!  Thank you all very much, but in order to report
results we can only include the logs received by the deadline of yesterday
at 2359 UTC after which we completed log checking.  At that time there were
1253 logs.  Another dozen or so logs have already come in after that and
unfortunately won't be included in the results.

73,
Ed W0YK
Don AA5AU