Re: [CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?

To: bruce.blain@charter.net, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?
From: ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:37:16 +0000 (UTC)
Has anyone asked the Winter FD sponsors to explain their position?  That would
seem simpler than all this random discussion.
FT8 v2.0.0 doesn't support Winter FD exchanges (e.g., 1O EMA).  Nor do any
previous versions.
Free text can be used but it isn't convenient.  I tried it in last summer's
ARRL FD and gave up after only five FT8 contacts (out of 334 QSOs).  It wasn't
worth the effort.
73,Ken, AB1J