[CQ-Contest] Robotic Contesting for CW and SSB - Forget FT4

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Robotic Contesting for CW and SSB - Forget FT4
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 10:51:56 -0700
Tom, N1NN, nailed it when he wrote:

"Computer games have automated "players".  They are used to enhance the
experience of the humans playing the game."

Casual stations acting as Robots is a great tool for enhancing the
experience of the humans playing the game. CW contests!!! SSB contests also!
Put your computer, radios and antennas to the use of enhancing human ham
enjoyment if you aren't operating yourself.

More QSO's and Mults = MORE FUN.

Q.E.D. - Only 500 Robots and no more Sunday doldrums in Sweepstakes.

In the robot category stations can't work other robots or call CQ so robots
are not taking away spectrum. Robots know what callsign is another robot
because robot logs are automatically fed into an online database in real
time.

Contests will be adjudicated in real time for robots and humans alike by RF
RoboRef (TM,) the wide band, every band, every second, QTH world-wide,
omnidirectional vertical antennas, cloud based referee/scorekeeper. RF
RoboRef (TM) will score the contest, log check and enforce penalties in real
time. I'm undecided if real time feedback should create a new category.
Plaques fulfilled by Amazon for next day delivery.

But seriously, Robots as automated players is a genius idea for CW and SSB.
To incentivize activating robots, I can see a Robot competition category
where the station owner wins by programming the best scoring algorithms:
QSOs (pileup busting strategy, fill strategy, QSO probability, etc.) vs.
MULTS (yagi turning strategy, on time optimization, voice decoding
algorithm, etc.)

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT