Re: [CQ-Contest] WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc6

To: Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "donovanf@starpower.net" <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc6
From: Roger Parsons via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 04:27:05 +0000 (UTC)
I promise I will stop after this!

It seems that I was not quite as wrong as it originally appeared, and I now
understand the reason for my confusion.

The first successful electric telegraph was patented by Cooke and Wheatstone in
1837, and did use galvanometer type signal indicators which were later (quite a
lot later) refined into undulators. Clearly these telegraphs did not use Morse
code, but by 1845 were using two needle systems thereby also having three
states and representing characters.

I appreciate that the above has very little to do with either WSJT or
contesting and I apologise.

73 Roger
VE3ZI