Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R filtering help

To: Dan <w8car@buckeye-express.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R filtering help
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:00:18 -0400
Dan, I am happy to help you.  If you are running Low Power, then all is very
doable.  First of all you need to separate "harmonics" from adjacent broader
band interference that is raising the noise floor of the other radio receiver.

I use Dunestar - 6 band filterbanks - and dual FT1000MPs.  Running 200W, I hear
a very slight noise floor rise while transmitting (maybe 3 - 5db vs the S=0
noise floor - ie less than S1 on the meter).  This for a monoband beam 10 feet
above another.  However as I get near a harmonic of my transmit frequency, it
might be S9 on the meter at that harmonic and have 5khz of presence on SSB and
less than a khz on CW.

Can you describe in the above terms what you are hearing?

Ed  N1UR