[CQ-Contest] QST

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 17:40:25 -0500
I certainly qualify as an active contester, but would like to add to the comment from AF5CC (whom I do not know personally). He posted " I thought it was one of the more interesting issues I have received recently. Both articles on Mount Athos were well written, and the article on the Collins KWM-380 was also a nice read. "The Doctor is in" also had some intelligent questions this time."

I had some time, and was in the mood, so sat down and leafed through the recent QST. Actually, I felt it was an excellent magazine, and had something in it for everyone. I feel we should be more supportive for the League since it's by far the most effective voice we have in terms of legislation and frequency preservation. The League sponsors CW operator "copy ability" recognitions and many other areas of support. Like most, I would like more pages on contesting, but understand that so much more of the arcane details can be put on the Internet. In fact, I write the summary of the CW Sprints for The NCJ both in print and the Internet version and am aware of the trade-offs needed. All in all, I thought the recent QST was very good.
Jim N3BB