[CQ-Contest] When is a FTn Contest QSO Complete?

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] When is a FTn Contest QSO Complete?
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 19:48:37 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,

OK, I'm a newbie at FTn, but managed a few QSOs the last couple of days. During
today's practice session I noticed that some never completed the QSO with an
acknowledgement like (R or 73) for FT4 in contest mode. As a result the WSJT-X
sequencer kept sending the grid, looking for a response, and no logging was
initiated. This seemed like the other station was trying to save a cycle.
Should such QSOs be logged, or are they incomplete? Thanks.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)