Re: [CQ-Contest] WWDIGI TEST

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WWDIGI TEST
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 18:08:01 -0800
Reposting my comments from 3830

I may be in a minority here but I really enjoyed it.  Overall rate wasn't
great
(a bit less than 30 per hour for close to 8 hours) but..a gigantic CME hit
about
halfway through my second hour.  I did manage a 80 per hour rate for a bit,
and
that was with only one radio, and using the base WSJT-X for logging.  I
wasn't
able to get the N1MM+ integration working before the contest, so no SO2R
(not
that it would have mattered much, 20M was pretty much it.)  What I found
interesting is that, during the CME (K at 5, A at 36), I was still able to
work
stations, even some EU on 20M).  There is *no way* this would have been
possible
with RTTY (huge flutter and *very* weak rx, I cant even imagine how much
weaker
going the other way with absorption that high.)  The way I see it is, with
SO2R
working, a rate in the 120Q per hour area should be feasible.  What would
make
it a lot better would be to find someway to add a "Now" packet, which
would make stacking possible.  Do that and you could get even higher rates.
This is going to be big.

73
Steve KL7SB