Re: [CQ-Contest] Thanks to VY1AAA (VY1JA)

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Thanks to VY1AAA (VY1JA)
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 11:21:22 -0500
Thank you, Mike, for your kind words.

It's been a team effort to keep the remote functional and operational --
especially J keeping all the tech working at his QTH.

Over the years, it's been a crew...   Hal, W1NN, Andy, VE9DX, Marty NN1N,
Cary VE4EA, Rich, VE3KI, Gene KB7Q,
and other guest ops Dean, N6DE, Dennis, W1UE and Paul, K1XM. (Many of the
US ops passed the Canadian Advanced
license in order to operate.)

Many of you donated to this effort to initially get this remote off the
ground.  Hopefully, you see the rewards of your efforts.
The Yukon Territory has been much less rare in the past few years.

As we shut down the station, we are seeking a suitable location for the
remote gear and station equipment.   J was a special case --
a very capable station in the Arctic, with a very willing host.   We are
exploring any possibilities to keep a remote in YT/NT/NU (All count as NT
for SS).
The combination of a willing sponsor, Fast Internet, and willingness to
host is challenging.

See you all in Phone SS for the last go.

73,

Gerry
W1VE/VE1RM/VY1AAA