Re: [CQ-Contest] SP/RAC

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SP/RAC
From: Jack Parker <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 08:41:32 -0600
Personally, I have an exchange set up in N1MM that covers both, which I
hope will not be excessively burdensome for anyone. It's possible I'll be
the only station on 160 in this grid so maybe the rare mult will ease the
pain of hearing "ON" in the exchange. :>) I'll have a second computer setup
with the SP log and enter the Qs as they happen. Given my 102-foot G5RV at
about 40 feet over solid granite 160 was very good last night, although
some stations that were *loud* here could not hear me so I missed at least
one mult.

Good luck to all.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 8:20 AM Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> Hey Scott
>

> Personally, I am gg to try and avoid making "overlapping" contacts in both
> contests, however should you find yourself in that position, here's what I
> do on casual weekends where there might be 2 contests I *DO* wish to play
> in.
>

> I only know N1MM+ logger, so here's what I would do.
>

> Set up for the RAC test.
>
> Start another log for the SPTDC test.
>

> Enter whichever contest I am actually playing in.  Run.
>
> When confronted with a S&P-er giving me 2 reports like could happen this
> weekend, I give them the main report
>
> and hit a very quick ALT-2 to jump the logger over to the 'other' contest
> and then give them a report in the 2nd contest.
>

> Depending on whether you're connected to a cluster (most won't be in the
> SPTDC) and whether you're using a call history and the # of Q's in your
> database, the switchover can be as much as 1-2 seconds, so it's certainly
> not quick. At least on my 10 year old laptop it's not quick.
>

> It's much easier to do this manoeuver as a S&P-er and it's vy time
> consuming
> as a runner to have to deal with , but it is doable if you are so inclined.
>

> Like I said..I am going to avoid it at all costs, hi !
>

> CU in one *OR* the other this weekend.  I'm only dabbling in both.
>

> Mike VE9AA "NB" -or- "FN66"
>

> Mike, Coreen & Corey
>
> Keswick Ridge, NB

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP