Re: [CQ-Contest] The legacy of not working dupes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The legacy of not working dupes
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 20:54:50 -0600
It was pretty funny Mike.  But unfortunately in a "watch me shoot my foot" sort of way.  I got into contesting way too late and missed whatever it was that drove the no-dupes obsession back in the day.  Must have had something to do with paper logging or labor or something like that.  I'm sure there was a good reason the practice got started.  Clearly that original momentum has plenty of legs even now when it seems the no-dupe thing is actually bad for biz.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com