Re: [CQ-Contest] Polar path handicapping

To: Bill Mader <billamader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Polar path handicapping
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:52:12 -0400
I have been following this discussion with interest. I am a proponent of
leveling the playing field as much as possible.

My concern is with the real world contesting environment. Today's contest
loggers are able to calculate scores as we contest and many are uploading
these scores to on-line scoreboards. I understand that these are only
claimed scores, but everyone wants to at least get a feel how they did
within a few hours/days.

Will the input of current conditions and the calculations to apply them to
an individual's score be such that they can be processed by local
processors, enabling a contester to know his/her score on the fly? Or will
they be too complex and everyone would have to wait weeks/months for the
sponsor to report their scores?

Stan, K4SBZ