Re: [CQ-Contest] multiple QSO parties

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] multiple QSO parties
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 14:52:56 -0500
I'm not much of a QSO party participant.  And thought that the KS qso party would not be much of an event either when I signed up for a special event callsign a couple of years back.  So I was completely shocked at just how busy the event turned out to be. Rates were amazing and the depth of callers seemed endless.  The 2nd year of participation was similar.  And here we are talking about Kansas - not nearly as esoteric and rare as NE or perhaps even ND!

Credit for the interest in the KS QSO party, in my opinion, really rests with the sponsor and the format.  Bob W0BH has put a ton of work into the event each year, has great awards and a very cool words-to-spell challenge that attract quite a lot of participation.

A state QSO party seems to be one of those things that a single committed individual with passion and drive can make an average event into a great one, as Bob has proven in the couple of years I've been privileged to participate.

Good luck!

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com